Direct Support Professional Needed! (FT, PT and PRN)
Terrapin House offers a unique opportunity to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities that live in our licensed community home. Our focus is on providing person-centered services and supports that enable those we serve to build meaningful Everyday Lives with dignity and respect.
We are looking for direct support professional experienced in providing a safe environment, while supporting choice, independence, and individual rights. Staff will learn how to best serve the individuals at Terrapin House through paid training on all aspects of their specific needs as well as state regulations. Staff will be paid to complete training on the Individual Support Plans, Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP), Professional Crisis Management (PCM), 6400/6100 Regulations, Medication Administration, information specific to each individual’s diagnoses, and more. All mandatory trainings must be completed prior to working in ratio with the individuals, but employees are expected to participate in supplemental paid trainings year-round.
Current Schedule Openings: (Can combine any of the following openings to create a full or part time schedule)
Mondays 3p-7p & 3p-11p
Tuesdays 3p-7p & 3p-11p
Friday 7a-3p & 3p-11p & 11p-7a
Saturday 7a-3p & 3p-11p & 11p-7a
Sunday 7a-3p & 3p-11p & 11p-7a
· Valid driver's license, with clean driving record, and the ability to operate company-owned van for community activities and shopping.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Associate's degree and/or Registered Behavior Technician certification preferred.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with individuals diagnosed with Autism and ID/DD.
· Must possess OR be capable of obtaining FBI, and PA Criminal background.
- Must be able to obtain a completed Physical Examination and TB test.
· Must reside within 45 minutes of Allentown, PA.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends.
· Ability to understand and follow supervisory directions and work independently as needed.
· Ability to clean home daily, assist in cooking, as well as other activities (hygiene, community outings, appointments, etc.).
· Maintain effective and professional relationship with all staff and individuals.
Pay: $18 -$19 per hour
Email your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020 Terrapin House - All Rights Reserved.